If you would like to contact me, please email

claircouper@yahoo.co.uk

Wednesday 24 December 2014

The Christmas Song Book Tag

This tag is originally a booktuber one from youtube, but I have stolen the questions for my blog :) I listened to the songs on the list (the ones I had!) whilst answering them, whilst sitting next to the Christmas tree, so it all felt very festive!

“You’re a mean one Mr Grinch.”
Name a villainous character you couldn’t help but love.

This is the ‘Loki’ character, isn’t it? I can’t think of any book characters! I’m sure there are some! TV wise, I was always a Damon rather than Stefan fan (the Vampire Diaries) but I didn’t like the books…I always liked Rosalie in Twilight but she wasn’t a villain…lets pick *SPOILER* Cal from the Wicca series (Cate Tiernan) and both Richard and Luc from the same authors ‘Balefire’ series.








“All I want for Christmas is you”
Which book do you most want to see under your tree?

This year I’ve bought myself three books that I sent straight home, and I actually wrapped them and put them under the tree. They are: The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare (well, other authors but her ‘Shadowhunter universe’), I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai and My True Love Gave To Me by Stephanie Perkins. Which book would I most like someone else to give me? I need to read Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas, and I have about 375 books on my amazon TBR wishlist, so any of them!


“Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer”
Name a character who overcomes major obstacles and learns to believe in themselves.

Fire, in the book Fire by Kristin Cashore! She is so full of guilt and self-disgust at the start of that book, and she is in fact an amazing character.




“Santa Claus is coming to town”
Which character would be top of the naughty/ nice list.

THERE ARE BOOK SPOILERS IN THIS ANSWER!
Top of the naughty list would be The Darkling from the Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo…I don’t really want to say anymore in case you skipped my spoiler warning :P
Top of the good list would be…(I am struggling to pick a ‘good’ person here because I generally love characters who are a bit of both, and I can’t pick Fire again). Lets go for Peter from Ben Aaronovitch’s Peter Grant series (begins with Rivers of London). He’s not an angel, but he’s a good guy and an awesome character.





















“Frosty the snowman”
Which book just melts your heart?

The first book that comes to mind is The Book Thief by Marcus Zusack, but I don’t think it is the right kind of ‘melt your heart’. The Book Thief gives me all of the emotions, but I’m fairly certain this is meant to be a ‘squishy feelings’ type of book…I’m going to go back an ag range from my norm (think very young YA) and pick the Agent Angel (it used to be called Angels Unlimited) series by Annie Dalton. These books are very cute!




“Feliz Navidad”
Name a book that takes place in a country other than your own.

I’m guessing it has to be this world? Many of my books are set in alternate worlds! I had to trawl through my amazon orders for the last year to check this. Purely because of their being loads of YA authors there, the USA seems to be a place with many books I have read but none stick to mind! I’m going to go with Scotland, and pick Outlander (called Cross Stitch in the UK) by Diana Gabaldon (and The Falconer book by Elizabeth May). I know Scotland is in the UK, but it IS a different country to England J














“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
Which holiday book do you use to spread the Chrismas joy.

Well, I haven’t read many Christmas themed books. My True Love Gave to Me is under the tree, but I haven’t read it. Lets go for Father Christmas by Raymond Briggs! I know the Snowman is more famous, but I have always loved this book J



“Sleigh Ride”
Which fictional character would you choose to spend the holidays with?

Ooooooh the romance questions. Erm, can I choose Jamie from Outlander? If not…there aren’t many guys I’ve fallen for this year. I’ve gone for the awesome ladies instead. Lets throw in Mr Darcy, and Ian from The Host.



“Baby it’s cold outside”
Which book would you sacrifice and burn to keep yourself warm?

Breaking Dawn. I hate that book with enough fiery passion it already keeps me warm. Burning it would be an added bonus.



“Do you hear what I hear?”
What book do you think that everyone should read?


I think that lots of people haven’t read The Host because they are anti-Twilight, but it’s a really great book that I recommend. I also reaaaaaally enjoyed Witchlight by Susan Fletcher, and Stolen by Lucy Christopher. These books deserve more fans!

 

I hope everyone has had a fantastic Christmas Eve, and that tomorrow is amazing :D Enjoy your Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, so please make my day!