If you would like to contact me, please email

claircouper@yahoo.co.uk

Thursday 30 October 2014

The sad task of choosing which books to take and which to leave...

Only until Christmas though, so I suppose it isn't too sad.

Today I am heading back to London so have to decide which books I take back with me. I have room for a fair few, but unfortunately I am not Thor, and do not have super strength. My big suitcase is already packed with heavy items that are necessities, so I am left with a bit of room in the small suitcase my brother will carry for me.

My options are basically ANY of my unread books (this really makes more sense, as I can't change them from unread to read if they're sat on a shelf 90 minutes away) or ANY of the books on my main shelf. I have so many to choose from, it hurts my head. HOW TO CHOOSE?!

Here is the pile of unread books...




A chance to look at them all a little closer...


Wool by Hugh Howey
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke
Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve
The Wise Mans Fear by Patrick Rothruss
The End of Mr Y by Scarlett Thomas
The Resurectionist by James Bradley
Delilah by Eleanor de Jong
Death Comes to Pemberley by P. D. James








Here are my non-fictions...can you see the theme?
Sisters to the King by Maria Perry
A Little History of the World by E. H. Gombrich
A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson
An Utterly Impartial History of Britain (or 2000 years of utter idiots in charge) by John O'Farrell
She-Wolves by Helen Castor
The Time Travellers Guide to Medieval England by Ian Mortimer





And some more fiction I haven't read:
My Swordhand is Singing by Marcus Sedgewick
The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern









Aaaagh too many choices, I'm sure you'll agree!

I had already decided on these two books, so completely forgot to take photos





Awful photo of the Winter Palace, but I chose this because it fit the theme - I wont be home until Christmas so any Winter or Christmas books are coming with me!
I started reading How to be a Woman during the summer (I met Caitlin Moran in June!) but it got misplaced during moving. Time to continue!


So, plus the Winter Palace I settled on these books. The Snow Child seemed perfectly seasonal, apparently Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell is becoming a TV series, and The Night Circus has been eyeing me up for a while ;)

Now, I haven't finished packing yet but if there is room I will be packing these books that I have already read:

I packed The Host because I adore this book, and feel I could reread it very quickly.

The Bone Season because I want to reread it before The Mime Order is released.

Rivers of London and Moon Over Soho because they are London based and awesome!









Also, check out this on the front of the Moon Over Soho...
A recommendation from the author of Outlander, linking it to Harry Potter! How could this be more perfect?!

Right, it's back to lesson planning, packing and watching Phantom of the Opera for me :) Have a great Thursday!

Clair x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments, so please make my day!